View Single Post
Old 11-23-2019, 02:41 AM   #22
mr-canada

But anyway, not to digress too far from the OPs post onto my Dimmer problem, yes its a 20 year old car but mine still runs like a champ after 340,000 kms.

Just be prepared to fix age-related problems. Its a sexy Bimmer, I don't like the eyebrows on the headlights in later models, comes across a bit pretentious. Thing flies.

318ti also has fold down rear seats. Talked to a BMW tech and a BMW parts guy and they said they could fit a whole 700 series car in the back almost with the seats down. Unladen, thing is light, there's almost nothing to it, no rear doors, no trunk, its a bit shorter.

So when you punch the gas to have some real big fun it definitely delivers. Mine's 1.9L cranks it out way harder than my 3.7L Jeep Liberty. Don't

get me wrong, the Jeep is a damn fine SUV, but I bought the 318 for fun on the highway and the Jeep for fun in the dirt. Best of both worlds. Wouldn't want to do too much dirt driving in the 318. I've seen a lot of videos of 318s rally racing and they do quite well. Just be careful squeaking the tires on hard turns with the gas fully depressed, the tires will get expensive. But it is a hell of a lot of fun so it's hard not to want to do it. Haha
mr-canada is offline   Reply With Quote