View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 04:19 AM   #30
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowin 4 View Post
So friday i decided to go make videos with my new dash cam on the way home after making a few videos i jumped on the free way was going about 65 mph 4 gear punched it around 5000 rpm boom . 2 hrs later waiting for tow truck .Get home pulled the head piston 1 gasket ring cooper seal let go. as im removing the head bolt's i notice there coming off with little force. i figure its its because the gasket peace is missing i try the rear head its a little hard hummmm so i start checking the torque setting on all the bolts bar is braking at 40lbs on 1/2 piston and 50lbs 3/4 piston bolts ... wtf btw running 20 psi 14 degree time at wot with is not high at all .... mm say they torque the head to 22 lbs then 2 90 degree turns .... last time i did my old motor H.G that came out to give or take 80 lbs not 50 lbs ... the only thing i can come up with is someone forgot to add the last 90 degree final turn .... no big deal im just glad there's no serious damage to the motor !!!! i never really liked the thought that i spent 10 k on a motor that ran a stock head gasket time to order a cometic mls H.G yea i know mm says they had bad experience using them i ran one in my old set up in never blew a gasket !!!also need to get rid of my ebay wastegate be for that lets go and ends up blowing my motor ...ill post pix .
From the pictures below it looks like cylinder number 1 had a detonation under high boost and the head walked on the block. This would also explain head bolts that are loose. Those head bolts stretched when the head picked up off the block. No head gasket on our motors will last if you're stretching bolts and lifting the head. We might need to O-Ring the block if there is enough room between the cylinders? I don't use any bolts on the head that stretch I Use modified M3 bolts that are reusable so there is no stretch factored into torqueing the bolts.
xxxJohnBoyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote