View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 06:08 PM   #6
RHRsharpie325ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljess76 View Post
There's no such thing as a '97 325is. They stopped making the M50 in '95 and replaced it with an M52 in '96 to comply with OBDII standards. The M50 was an OBD1 2.5L(hence 325i) while the M52 is an OBDII 2.8L(hence 328i). The first picture you posted shows that it does in fact have an M50, not an M52 which means that it's OBD1, which means that you're lying about the year of the car that it came out of and probably the mileage. We all know that there's no way you're getting 35mpg with an M50, heck you'd be lucky to get that with an M44. You should also note in your listing that THIS SWAP IS ILLEGAL and the vehicle WILL NOT PASS EMISSIONS TESTS IN MOST STATES due to the engine being from an older car that is not OBDII compliant. May I also suggest that you should learn what exactly it is that you're selling and be as honest as possible. This forum has many enthusiasts that know when they're being lied to.
well afetr the swap the on board computer still works and if its accurate then it sure as heck is getting that. however i havent mapped out a tank to see for sure. and mileage is very accurate as i have the factory guage cluster from the 95 is in the car now reading 106,xxx.
also im no stranger to the form this i where i seeked help on the wiring and disabling the ews from th 97. i have not lied about anything!!!
RHRsharpie325ti is offline   Reply With Quote