View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 06:29 PM   #8
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHRsharpie325ti View Post
well afetr the swap the on board computer still works and if its accurate then it sure as heck is getting that. however i havent mapped out a tank to see for sure. and mileage is very accurate as i have the factory guage cluster from the 95 is in the car now reading 106,xxx.
also im no stranger to the form this i where i seeked help on the wiring and disabling the ews from th 97. i have not lied about anything!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHRsharpie325ti View Post
i live in iowa and here its perfectly leagal. in cali they may crush it lol, due to the engine being older than the car, may or may not pass smog ecu vin doesnt match the shell, etc etc

i love the midwest for our lack of regulations on swaped cars!!
Look man, I gave you the benefit of the doubt that the year of the donor was a typo and not a lie. We know better that the engine didn't come from a '97 325is. I modified my post to reflect that you weren't lying about the year, mileage and fuel economy. However if you want to keep going on about it then yeah, I'll raise the BS flag and say that there's no way you're getting 35mpg. Sure, maybe going downhill with a tail wind, following a truck, with an empty tank of gas and no cargo or passengers So you're telling me that your car get's the same if not better gas mileage than an OBDII 1.9L 4cyl with smaller fuel injectors and two less cylinders??? And no, your swap is not legal in any part of the United States. The EPA is a federal agency. While your state may not conduct emissions inspections or even enforce the laws set by our government, it does not mean that it's "perfectly legal". Fact is, if anyone from out of state buys your car, they're more than likely going to have problems registering it if their local DMV does any kind of visual inspection or if their state conducts emissions inspections. And that applies to MOST states. Not here to trash your sale, just wanted to point out that there is no such thing as a '97 325is, it probably doesn't get 35mpg and people should be aware of potential problems when registering it in another state.

GLWS
cooljess76 is offline   Reply With Quote