Thread: Frame bent!
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 05:56 PM   #6
Junk

I think he means SUBFRAME. I installed the M coupe / roadster rear end complete, but as far as I could tell, they looked identical. Yea ebay is great for this I think I saw a ti subframe for $50 on there.

The tire popping can happen pretty easily if you run low on air.. but I am guessing one side looks worse than the other. I once heard the arms will bend easier than the subframe, but who knows maybe the subframe hit something but then you'd probably notice a dent.. I'm sure it depends on what caused it, I don't think some extra weight would bend anything..

I'm real happy with the m coupe subframe, you get limited slip and some beef. A little taller ratio, but it feels better to me and I don't notice any difference from a stop so it's all good (and I was considering going to a shorter ratio) unless you have an automatic, then it maybe noticeably taller. (stock 3.45 / 3.46 , mcoupe 3.23, m3 3.15)

I was through the steel belt on both rear tires last time before changing them.. Very bad in the wet! When it finally started to go I had 10+ leaks in one tire.. patched them all at a friends house and made it about 5 miles before it went flat again, by then I was 10 blocks from home.

Last edited by Junk; 04-10-2010 at 06:00 PM.
Junk is offline   Reply With Quote