View Single Post
Old 11-10-2015, 09:05 PM   #1
Dinoti

Default How does one rebuild a front seat?

Hello, all;

My driver's seat broke! I leaned back on it reaching for my wallet, like I have a habit of doing, and the right side of the seat back snapped, and the seat back now bounces backward and forward like a rocking chair. Needless to say, this reduces support around corners, and makes my back twist slightly while driving.

I don't know whether it is the seat back frame that broke, or some part of the reclining mechanism, but either way, I will have to take the seat apart to fix it. The idea scares me! I can just see getting the seat out and starting the process, and realizing that I won't be able to repair and reassemble the damn thing.

How complicated is it to disassemble and reassemble a standard seat? I may try to take the seat back frame (or the whole seat back) from the passenger seat and swap it with the broken one, so I would have to do the job twice, and swap the cables and levers for the back seat entry function. I don't have a week to do the whole job, so it will have to be easier than I fear it is!

Is there a how-to online here or elsewhere? Or some photos of the process? Any help or advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Dino
Dinoti is offline   Reply With Quote