View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 04:11 AM   #8
username

Good info, thanks...
I really didn't think about a Sport conversion because the car has the M-Technic bumpers/mirrors, but that might be an easier way to go. Downgrading to the more common bumpers might be easier than upgrading to the sport seats... But the bumpers/mirrors look cool though and I'll bet the sport seats are a nicer place to sit while going to/from work.

FWIW, the SCCA Solo2 stock ruleset doesn't allow aftermarket springs, just what came from the factory for the car and option package. For a car that you also want to daily drive, this is a good thing IMO. Once you open up spring changes, anything competitive at big events ends up more of a trailer queen. Already have one of those, waiting for its next journey on the trailer.

A few more questions - are the sport struts dimensionally the same as the non-sports? I understand they're different parts, maybe just due to valving? And has anyone found out what the sport spring rates are? The car came with some tired Bilsteins, and if I send them in for rebuild the rates would be good to know.

Rest assured that any info you help provide will be supporting a Ti used in motorsport situations.
username is offline   Reply With Quote