View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 05:15 AM   #59
Borg561

What time are we planning on doing breakfast Saturday morning? It's almost a two hour drive from Colorado Springs to Mead, so he may just want to meet us there when we're ready to leave. I'll give him a jingle tomorrow.

Taste of Colorado sounds fun. I've not been over to the Grand Lake side of the park. I had read that they were doing paving work on that part of US-34, but the website says paving is done and final striping will be done by Sept. 2nd. Also, if we go up and come down the eastern side, do we dare go up Old Fall River Road (gravel road for the final 9 miles)? If anyone wants to do some hiking, I have a book about some day & overnight hikes in the park. Gives approximate round-trip times, distance, directions, and a box with an scale overview of the scenery, trail conditions, difficulty, and solitude (how crowded the trail likely is). Some good hikes ranging from 45 minutes jaunts around a lake to 13 hour trips from one side of the park to the other.

I've heard of the Stanley Hotel, what's it's significance? Oh, and the $20 fee is good for seven days, so it'll cover me if I head up there more than once.

Looking like I'll head home Monday. Just found out I have to work Tuesday night, and I don't care to be on the road for 8 hours then have to go to work. I'll probably stop by the Forney Museum Monday morning. Sounds interesting and that way I don't have to drive into the sun as much on the way home.

Justin
Borg561 is offline   Reply With Quote