View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 07:37 PM   #1
lemining

Wink Transmission oil - level and replacement

Hi Everyone,

I have recently purchased 318ti ''01 compact. So far i'm very happy with it. It's small (good around city), yet very comfortable... I'm sure you all know that so ill get on with my post :P

Background story:
Yesterday I had my transmission play up a bit when cold. (Tiptronic)
Little gear with ! inside it lighted up right next to my "D" on dash. Gears would change very quickly and it would be a bit jerky. I tried switching car off/on to see if that fixes the problem but it didnt. After I came to work and car sat in the garage for usual 8 hours, it worked again and (!) was gone. Hasn't happened since though.

This is my first auto/tiptronic car so i'm not familiar with those gearboxes. I did some research and i found out that oil needs to be replaced in those every so often. No biggie did my lubs and usual maintanance in all my previous cars. Yet this one is different...

Questions:
  • Where is tran dipstick on this car?!
  • What is the "normal" way of taking the air filter out? I had to unscrew the MAF to get it out and then unscrew the whole box.
  • My dash tells me I have another 20k till service... i use to do every 6k on my vw golf gti. I think I will play it safe and do service every 10k?
  • Does anyone have owner's manual or service manual. I would be happy if you could point me to it. My 318ti came with japanese manual.
  • Where is pollen filter?

Hi again and i hope at least some of those questions can be answered!

Safe driving!
lemining is offline   Reply With Quote