View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 02:21 AM   #12
goyal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullmand View Post
Now I'm having flashbacks. Been there, done that, as they say. I'm still getting all of that sorted out and it hasn't been fun.
I don't know the reason your car's wiring got messed up, so I can only talk about my situation. But you're right - it's painful and frustrating chasing electrical and wiring issues.

The DME relay and the fuel pump relay in MY CAR are the same....They look the same and have the same pins and numbers. That's why I swapped them. Also it seems to me that they are a couple of other relays in the fuse/relay box with the same pins and color (light green) as the DME and FP relays.

I don't think I fried my wiring or the DME by switching the relays but now you have me thinking about it....It's possible if one of relays went bad to short the DME but like I said in my vehicle BOTH the DME relay and the FP relays are indentical...Can anyone else verify this on their vehicle??

Mine vehicle is an 1996 5-spd.....the attached photo shows the wiring of the DME and FP sockets of my car.

Also is there a site when I can find the wiring diagrams for the 318ti?? Any help will be appreciated....Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	BMW318ti_relays.jpg Views:	7901 Size:	83.8 KB ID:	11850  
goyal99 is offline   Reply With Quote