View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 06:32 PM   #1
Apittma

Vehicles
Cool ASC+T light diagnosis help

Hi everyone. I'm a new owner of a '98 base model with asc, and the dash indicator light comes on and stays on within the first mile or so of driving each time I start the car. Before this point, it does respond to the switch. Searching on here and bfc seems to indicate that the system usually malfunctions with the abs since they use the same wheel speed sensors. However, my abs is functioning properly. I've already disconnected and cleaned the electrical connectors at the asc cable motor along the right side of the engine bay and the asc intake valve. I also checked the relay for corrosion (though i have not checked any of these for function... Haven't had the chance yet, and can't find my multimeter). The cable is seated properly in the semi-sircular pully at the intake side. I know many people will suggest having the abs computer scanned, but I don't really have that cash to fork over when I'm not so sure it's gonna give any result, since the abs is functioning properly. I'm kind of at a loss, and would appreciate any help. Thanks!
Apittma is offline   Reply With Quote