View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 09:15 PM   #4
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhong089 View Post
Thanks for the help John.

I had a feeling it had something to do with the charging system as well. Because the battery was new, and the starter motor worked (at least when the battery had enough juice in it).

I'm kind of relieved that it wasn't the starter (as I heard replacing these things are a pain in the neck).

I'm at school at the moment, but when I get home, I'll try disconnecting the battery, and cleaning the ground wires/connections. Maybe the connections are corroded/dirty?

As for some tools, I should probably get myself a voltmeter and a battery charger. I know a good meter goes for around 100ish bucks. But as for a battery charger, how much do they go for? Not really looking for a top-notch charger, but something that can get the job done.

I guess my main concern right now is simply getting the tools so I can perform the proper electrical tests.
Volt Meter $25. Battery charger maybe $40. Don't go big on these since you are not getting all into stuff big only checking voltage. I use a $25 volt meter and I'm fine
xxxJohnBoyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote