View Single Post
Old 01-11-2016, 08:45 PM   #13
spidertri

Vehicles

Old thread but I finally addressed this issue last year.

I ended up converting to the pre '95 E36 fuel pump setup with external fuel crossover. The earlier pump and sender fit in the ti tank with no issues. The top of the tank had clips for the crossover tube as well.

I did have to trim the electrical connectors in a few spots so that they fit in the earlier receptacles but it was easy to do.

Fuel gauge works correctly and I'm able to go under a 1/4 tank on track without issues as opposed to starving at 1/2 tank before. I haven't had an opportunity to see how low it can get.

One thing is to not buy an eBay fuel pump like I did. I wasn't sure if the whole system would work so I went with a cheapy pump for testing, it worked on the road but the eBay pump failed pretty quickly once on track, lol.

Edit - Another reason not to buy eBay fuel pump, after the pump died I continued using the housing but with my old pump swapped in. Well that only lasted about 6 months, then the fuel level sender on the eBay housing quit working. New VDO unit works great.

98 328ti Morea Grun slicktop
11 128i space gray slicktop
13 JGC WK2 Deep Cherry

Search | RealOEM

Last edited by spidertri; 03-08-2016 at 06:34 PM.
spidertri is offline   Reply With Quote