Thread: Audio Help!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2005, 09:00 PM   #2
m44ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper3812
I just got my door panels fixed and am ready to put back on, but I need new door panel speakers. I am thinking of replacing all of my speakers with some JL XR components (5.25 and tweeters) and then some 4" TR's in the rear.

I was talking to a friend of mine a that I sould go with this setup and get an alpine headunit probably the cda 9847 and an amp for the components.

I then went to an audio shop and they said htat because of the ti setup I should put some small chrysler jeep cherokee 4" speakers in the door panel and then put whatever in the kick panels. He also said that I sould go for Boston speakers because the magnet on the JL's are bigger and probably won't fit.

Anyone have either setup or can help me out and suggest on what I should do?
sounds like they are just trying to get you to spend more money, they should be able to fit whatever you want, also 5 1/4's fit in the rear pretty good with little modification
Mods: clear turn signals, Silverstar headlight bulbs, k&N custom CAI, removed A/C, lightened crank pulley, painted brakes, custom clutch stop, custom strut bar, x-brace, custom solid tranny mounts, Memphis sound system, Sachs sport clutch, B&M short shifter, lightened flywheel, redline MTL ....

Emberrassing honda owners one drive at a time

http://members.cardomain.com/mghockey
m44ic is offline   Reply With Quote