View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 05:53 AM   #216
sortasorted

Vehicles

I'm not saying this is always the case, but I have fix a few of these that had nothing wrong with the regulator, motor, sliders, etc. The pinch weld in the front of the door, that connects the front track to the inner door skin, breaks. This allows the bottom of the window to pop out on the way down. Then on the way up the top pops out and the window falls into the door, or blinds up really bad bending the regulator arm and breaking the plastic sliders. The arm can be straightened, but the sliders are usually shot. The pinch weld can break on the track side and wont be seen by looking at the door. Sometimes the track will pull the weld through leaving an obvious hole. I've seen both. Reach in and wiggle the bottom of the front track, it shouldn't move at all. If it does, hold the track out of the way and drill an 1/8 inch hole "through" the weld. Then put the track back and drill through your first hole and through the tab for the track. Finish with a short screw for sheet metal. Don't over tighten. When drilling the tab, drill just outside the original weld. You want to make the gap between the front and rear tracks smaller. There was play when these cars were new, when the felt was fluffy and the rubber was new.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	20190219_234254.jpg Views:	428 Size:	75.4 KB ID:	17515   Click image for larger version Name:	20190219_234247.jpg Views:	431 Size:	70.8 KB ID:	17516  

Last edited by sortasorted; 02-20-2019 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Clarification
sortasorted is offline   Reply With Quote