View Single Post
Old 03-13-2007, 02:34 PM   #6
zboot

First, relax. They know you're a coop and expect that most of your experience will be from the classroom. If you're a junior, you may consider adding a course work completed section where you list the ME specific classes you took and indicate with a star or something whether a course included a lab portion.

What they are going to be looking for at the interview is to see how you think and approach problems, how well you'd fit in with them, and how excited you are about working for them.

I think you've got the excitement part wrapped up, but make sure they see it!

There are a couple interviewing styles and they might mix it up.

1) Straightforward question and answer about your skills - stuff like describe your experience with Solidworks. What have you done on a CNC mill? What machine shop tools are your familiar with?

2) Behavioral: Think of a situation where you were in charge of a group. How did you motivate them? How did you handle problems? Did you feel more comfortable leading a group or being a member?]

3) Combo of both or just them sitting you down, going over your resume, talking to you about your interests and what you'd want to accomplish with them.

Don't forget to do your research. Learn what they do, and if possible, read up on any technical topics related to their work. It's always an added plus when you use their jargon in conversation.

Good Luck, I'm sure you'd like it, after each of my coops, I had a harder and harder time wanting to go back to school LoL.
zboot is offline   Reply With Quote