View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 12:59 AM   #30
juan.manjarres

Vehicles

Update: Car started went to a local shop here that deals with original manufacturers for BMW, Merc's and Audi's and bought the VDO pump which ideally is the same part number from the realoem.com site for the ti. Car started right up when I plugged everything up, the pump I had purchased from a friend was dead. As Bluebimma said all the fuel pumps are interchangeable. The only difference being is at the connectors where they differ in the shape depending on model. But you could ideally buy any pump from any of the e36 models and just change the guts or the inline pump and it'll work. It is also proven that the cars that have three relays together you would jump the second or the relay in the middle. Bluebimma has instructed me by the pictures above that I uploaded where some cars only bring two relays, the pump fuel relay would be the last relay or the second one. You jump the green/violet wire and the red wire on the left of the green/violet wire on the second relay or right one in the picture above. When this is done without the key in the ignition you should see 12V or above at the fuel pump socket in the fuel pump compartment. If anyone has any other questions feel free to ask. Thank you all for the help and each and everyone of you that contributed to get me motoring again.
juan.manjarres is offline   Reply With Quote