View Single Post
Old 09-06-2014, 02:21 PM   #6
bmwme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyoteh View Post

Regardless it's still a nice looking car for the price! Hope you have a lot of fun and enjoyment with it
Be careful too that there's no damage to the engine as a result of the coolant rupture, things can go bad pretty quickly if it was allowed to overheat.
Yeah I am still a little nervous about that because I haven't driven it much. It needs a few things repaired before I can get it out driving for a significant amount of time. I am going to be real mad if I replace that rear coolant fitting and it doesn't run right.

I have a thorough inspection last night and aside from a few small items the underside is in amazing condition.

So one item I need to replace is the cat back. It is rotted in several places. I've been having a heck of a time finding a reasonable price replacement. I would love to upgrade while I'm doing it but aftermarket systems are crazy expensive. Cheapest replacement I've found is $260 and it's a stock replacement with the resonator. Does the 318 get loud with that removed? Also does a 318i cat back fit? No right?
bmwme is offline   Reply With Quote