View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 10:45 AM   #3
Romak

Supporting the engine for motor mounts

Dirty sub frame and cross brace

Old gasket stuck on

More gasket and flywheel/underside of car

Before the clean (no after shot I forgot)

Steering rack hanging while I scrap and clean the pan, block and sub frame

Control arms with the correct bushings, order some bushings from ebay (NEVER DO THIS) and the were A) centered not offset, 18's will rub without the offsets and B) they were sooooo poorly made that the would clunk every time I turned. Ordered Ireland Engineering offset delrin bushings and pressed them on, control arm were already on the car from when I changed them hence the reason they're dirty, this was control arms round 2!

New IE delrin bushings

Took me a couple days to do after work in the evenings, my dad had to quickly rip something on the table saw and decided to fire it up along with his dust collector, I forgot to put a bucket under my car over night with no pan on and it drained oil on the floor, I pulled the bag from the top half of the dust collector and left the bottom bag full.. I forgot to tell him!

After I buttoned all that up I tried to drive to work one morning when it snowed, live in a cul-de-sac, only way out is up the hill, I gave up with my open diff and absolutely no weight in the trunk (hatch sorry I don't have a trunk) And yes I have snow tires, hence the "donk" rims you all hate

After backing out of the driveway making the turn and attempting to get up I quit and backed right back into the driveway and parked it!

Sometime in the summer, can't remember when, I stripped the clear and polished the Lm lips. This is a little out of order but oh well. Before and during the process:

1995 Bmw 318ti - Cordoba rot
Romak is offline   Reply With Quote