View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 10:15 PM   #1
AQUAMETALLIC

Unhappy Parting out my beloved 96 318ti 5 speed cali top

I just bought my 96 318ti back from my insurance company and am parting it out. I figured I'd give the forum first dibs before listing parts on E-bay. It's a 96 aquametallic 5-speed california top(works!) car. Some schmuck made a left turn in front of me and destroyed the nose of my car. Both bags are blown and anything in front of the doors as far as sheet metal goes is unusable. Car ran and drove perfectly, oil changes diligently every 3k miles. Before it's demise, here's a list of things that were very recently replaced on the car: fuel pump assembly, starter, Bosal catback exhaust, passenger seat occupancy sensor, antenna bracket (inside car), vented 325i front brake conversion, right (passenger) side Depo elipsoid headlight and clear marker, both california top cables. California top (black) is in like new condition, inside liner is in equally great condition. The motor gear is still working as well. It has grey cloth interior with some water spots, all other interior pieces are grey as well. A/C worked until condenser was smashed in accident, A/C compressor is still good, climate control panel in dash is still good as well as the high end OBC. Engine runs great, no check engine light, and still got 34 mpg. Manual trans and rear always had redline fluid and worked beautifully. This car was maintained very well, I'm a secretary at a BMW specialty shop so any problem was immediately addressed and all maintenance was taken care of regularly. I loved this car and too see it wrecked breaks my heart but to know that it is helping other TIs stay alive makes me feel a little better. Please e-mail me with any questions or needs, I have tons of pictures so ask if you want to see something and I'll send them to you. Thanks, Nina