View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 09:00 PM   #3
Hakentt-MS41.1

Finished with my swap, hear it run:

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAZKv...ature=youtu.be

Budget breakdown:
This is not a ‘budget’ engine but when I say budget means that I spent much less money than most of the people when doing this swap, this is because they go out of their way to buy extra stuff, pay for labor…etc.
$5000 engine with required parts for a swap (keep in mind this is 2006 very low miles beautiful condition with everything on it with included shipping, and I bought it from BMW salvage yard, and those guys are never cheap. You can buy a 2001 thrashed engine for much cheaper.)
$200 misc, items, intake, exhaust welding, oil seals, belts, bulk hose
$0 dme reprogramming, I did it myself, I put on used fuel filter, haven’t even changed the oil yet.
-$1000 for the M52 engine, sold locally
-$200 ms41 dme with ews, and key chips, (to be sold)
-$100 S54 A/C compressor with hose, idle and mount (to me sold)

Final cost: $3900

Test drove it, and all I can say why even bother with S52, this thing is so much fun to drive, engine revs fast and happy, car feels much lighter. My budget exhaust is nice and quiet, no rasp. My ASC switch rig works great for sport button, I switch it and I can feel different throttle characteristics. All I have to say I am very happy that I did this and the investment will not lose much value at all, it is true motorsports engine that after years of enjoying it I can always sell it for how much I invested in it. Good thing I did not waste money on S52us (overbored general production M52).
Hakentt-MS41.1 is offline   Reply With Quote