View Single Post
Old 11-18-2020, 11:04 PM   #8
anassa

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by winner9101 View Post
I am running 440 lbs/inch and 660 lbs/inch
Sorry for the late reply!

I am running 400lb front and 700 rear, the car actually rotates! Ya our rear definitely needs more spring.

This was a very interesting read for me when I was thinking spring rates:

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...ts-in-Z3-Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by winner9101 View Post
Yeah, I don't want to excessively lower the car. I just think that with the widebody kit it is going to end up lower than it would be with stock quarter panels. Hopefully, I will be able to find the right parts at the right price. I also need to source the m3 side skirts (twisted) for the kit to fit properly. If I remember correctly, the 2dr M3 skirts fit and the 4dr skirts don't. Looking at some of your older posts you said the track could be widened from 1413mm too 1494mm which would be roughly 40mm on each side wider. When I looked at e30 forums (https://www.e30zone.net/e30wiki/inde...Lug_Conversion) I saw that each trailing arm is only 20mm wider. Compared to an E30 the hub from the z3(I6) is 23.5mm wider, but the 318ti is 18mm wider than E30 which means the hub will add only ~5mm per side. This means I am at roughly 25mm wider per side, short of the 40 mm from your thread. Do you know where the remaining 15mm per side is?
If you look at the post above, that I had made previously on the widening idea, it was just done with taking the track width from the factor specs and doing some basic addition and subtraction. That is it. So there may be other factors that would account for that difference, especially since I have not done it myself and measured it personally. I used it more to give myself a rough idea. If I was going that route, I would go with the trailing arms, see how much difference it actually makes, then choose my wheels size/specs/setup and then figure out what widebody works for the setup.

On the side skirts - there shouldn't be a difference in length for the side skirts of ti/coupe/sedan/convertible, from what I remember they are all interchangeable. They all have the same track width, that I know for sure. The fenders/doors are different but side skirts are the same I think.

***328ti Build thread. ***

Even more important:
SUPPORT 318ti.org! CLICK THE LINK ABOVE!
Hosting a forum like this is not free. 318ti.org is one of the best BMW forums on the web because it is member supported, not vendor supported. The cost to become a Supporter is a nominal $10.00... A YEAR! DO IT! NOW!

Last edited by anassa; 11-18-2020 at 11:10 PM.
anassa is offline   Reply With Quote