View Single Post
Old 06-25-2016, 03:48 AM   #11
riddleyo

Delrin trailing arm bushings from Ireland engineering getting greased:

Using a 6" C-clamp to press in the bushing pin into the trailing arm:

First trailing arm installed:

Both installed. On the right you can see my brand new race rubber: BF Goodrich RE-1s

Using a brake line bender to bend new brake lines to match the OEM shape. I believe they ended up being 30" total for both the rear lines. By the way, I had to undo this bend after I took the picture because I forgot.. you MUST have the fitting located at the end of the line before you put the first bend in!

Plenty of anti-seize on the subframe bolts to prevent future corrosion. This is over top of a POR-15 coating which will prevent ANY future corrosion from occurring.

My dad came over on Father's Day to help me install the subframe. We devised a ramp using wood planks and two jacks. Worked like a charm but wow, was it heavy. Wrestling the differential in was a trip as well. Great way to spend Father's day though.

Going up

Raising into place

AND IT'S IN!

Ireland Engineering's rear coil adjusters. They aren't as high quality as ground control sleeves and they use a basic "grub screw" which eats up the threads as you tighten it. However, it does the trick and allows me to fine tune the rear ride height. It also utilizes tiny 2.25"x5" coil springs which can be had at almost any spring rate imaginable... and cheap! I got some Eibach 0500.225.0500 springs which gives me a spring rate of 500 lbs/in. Pretty stiff for autocross, should work well for some on demand power on oversteer. There is nothing like steering with the throttle and you just have to experience it to know what I'm talking about!

All up

Took some time to polish my exhaust with some steel wool and metal polish:

Polished Strömung Stainless Steel exhaust tip:

So at this point, the car is complete, just in time for this weekend's race, and loaded up on my trailer. The Ireland rear camber adjusters were a breeze to set up a guesstimate alignment. The rear coil adjusters made it so simple to adjust the rear ride height and I don't even have to take off a wheel to adjust the ride height!!! So simple.

These RE-1s are road racing compound but were cheap enough to use as break in tires for the season. The car's first race is this Sunday and I barely got it all together in time. We will be racing at Wilmington OH at the airport on June 26th, 2016, if any locals want to come out and watch. Till then!