View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 09:22 PM   #1
paulmiko

Default M47 crankshaft to M42

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum, hope you'll accept me to your team, and help me navigate through discussions! Here's the deal: I have an E36/5 Compact with an M42B18, now the engine (along with the front suspension) was a total bust (head gasket blown, poor piston rings, dire need to change seals, differential, clutch etc.) so I decided to perform a major repair and also add some modifications if possible. So aside from the typical intake/exhaust mods, I have read a few topics about the crank change (m47) and a one-mass flywheel from an M20 installation. I live in Lithuania/Europe, so it's not to hard to find the M47 crank, but my main question is: what pistons (or a combination of piston heads and rods from different engines) should i use, to increase the displacement to at least 2.0l? And will the M20 flywheel just bolt-on fit with the standard M42 clutch? Please don't offer me to "simply swap an m50" because I really like the M42 (also the A/C that came with it ) and I'm just wondering whether it could be improved. Also, it's almost impossible to find the S50/S52 pistons here so you can also scratch those off the advice list . Thank you for your time, I hope I posted in the right topic section.

Last edited by paulmiko; 09-20-2012 at 09:24 PM.
paulmiko is offline   Reply With Quote