View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 01:22 AM   #7
Mr.Bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxmotorhead View Post
Don't bore any more than you have to, it allows more heat to get into the water jacket and can cause easy boilover or raise cyl head temps if you get too thin, the small amount of power especially if your going forced induction is not worth it...

I assume you plan on some track time or similar with the mod list... On the street driven normally its not as important.

Dave
Hey Dave,
Yeah i figured that doing only the 86mm bore from the stock 84mm would be fine. Ill take it to my shop and see what they have to say before I have them do the boring. I plan on track time for sure, im gonna do coils, brembos, and a heavy duty control arm kit before i go out there. After the engine and break in i want to do a M3 tranny. I heard that the transfer case can bolt right up. I think im just gonna get my crankshaft machined brand new but to the specs of the M47D20 to handle the pressure in the bottom end and be able to just slide right in my block. Im gonna do all i can to the cooling system to make it run cooler like electric fans and cleaning up the whole block and pan, then painting them. Ive thought about mounting an electric fan on the inside of my hood and then having a hood scoop put in, anything to make this beast run cooler.
Mr.Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote