View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 10:19 AM   #1
mattydont

Unhappy Wiring Harness Questions on swaps

Ok to start off this is something I have been putting off for a while, now with some time over the next weeks of holidays i can try to get back to this project.

This originally was a sort of trial by fire that has gone horribly wrong as i did want to do a 6l engine swap down the line. This was more so something i could play with but now its taking up space.

Long story short i need this car to turn over or i need to get it gone in the next few months, the later which i would rather not do.

So to better explain the situation what i have is a 96 e36 316 body (inc all wiring/modules) and a 97 318ti m44 with engine harness back to the Front power distribution box, EWSII Unit, DME and key matched to those two.

I've gone to the extent of printing out the bentley manual and from looking at wiring diagrams. From this I think that i need the lower half (from the Front power box into the body of the same year) wiring for this to work as it looks like some fuses for the DME to work arnt there hence no starter action or coil spark etc.

So before i go and hunt out a 97 318ti wreck pull apart the interior, id like some kind of feed back if it would even work, or if i've lost the plot (more than usual) and this will not work or help in the slightest.

Or i should just throw in the towl and give up DYI auto ( as much as I do like servicing my VW Caddy)

Both cars are manuals so no need for auto module.

Thanks
Matty
mattydont is offline   Reply With Quote