View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 12:24 AM   #29
mike156

As far as the car side goes, I took my ti out to it's first autocross a couple weeks ago, I have to say I'm surprised how well it does. It is completely stock on suspension and engine mods, but has a bunch of weight pulled out of it (EVO seats, airbags, A/C, cruise, rear interior) and has some RS-3s on 17x85. Kosei K4Rs. I've also owned a 2002 325is with coilovers, swaybars, and bushings on good summer tires.

As surprised as I am to say this, I think the ti could out do it pretty easily. It's geared low enough to work well on auto-x courses and the weight makes a huge difference.

But...
I also have a heavily built EVO 8 that should be able to take FTD often and I get beat by cars with FAR LESS done to them simply because they are a better driver then I. I would say I'm a "good driver" relative to the average with ~10 years of experience, but compared to guys that have been doing it for 30 years and have mastered their skills, I'm probably terrible.

It doesn't matter which car is better here unless the times are very close, the better driver is going to win. Now being more experienced doesn't make you a better driver if your experience has been 20 years of doing it wrong...

Last edited by mike156; 04-13-2012 at 12:29 AM.
mike156 is offline   Reply With Quote