View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 08:55 PM   #91
John Firestone

Quote:
Originally Posted by covert24 View Post
... What exactly will those be doing specifically? I see a spot for a microcontroller on those which leads me to believe your going to have to do some coding (not my favorite thing in the world).
The PCB board provides some interface electronics to support pathway lighting and DRLs. The upper third of the board senses the turn stalk high beam flash contacts and detects when you pull the stalk with the ignition and parking lights off. The lower third replicates most of the logic inside the Canadian DRL module so that I can substitute the finned solid state relay. The 16 pin IC at the lower right, a 3-44V (yow!) CMOS multiplexer, provides the hardwired logic.

A small microcontroller near the board provides the timing and the fancy tricks you'd expect. I've set up a pleasant system to cross-develop its firmware, but that still leaves nailing down all the conceptual details and the hard labor of the installation work. I don't mind the detail work since I am the rate limiting step and not my tools. Some necessary bits of the install, however, I wouldn't mind skipping.

Last edited by John Firestone; 09-15-2011 at 09:18 PM.
John Firestone is offline   Reply With Quote