View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 05:12 AM   #14
zoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidertri View Post
Meh, I was extremely disappointed with the bilstein/H&R sport combo, not worth the money imo. Ride was harsh and undersprung, body roll still quite apparent and it felt like the rear of the car wasn't supported at all.

I switched up to koni sports and it made things a little better then linear rear springs helped quite a bit. Now I have TCK S/As and it is wonderful. I have tons of spring options and can adjust ride height where ever I want.

Don't do what I did and spend money trying out suspensions. Go with the good stuff from the beginning if you have any plans of upgrading in the future.
I agree that combo is a little undersprung, but I don't think the ride is harsh at all. In fact, I like the way it rides. If I had it to do over again I know what I do differently (TCK or PSS9), but I was able to pick everything up (Bilstein Sports, H&R Sport Springs, M3 strut bearings, Rogue RSM's, all new hardware and spring pads/plates) for a sweet deal and just couldn't justify the extra money at the time, especially when I needed other things (brakes, for one) replaced on the car as well. Now I know.
zoner is offline   Reply With Quote