View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 06:47 PM   #1
Johnny Utah

Default ODB I cat questions

I've tried searching and didn't see an exact answer so if I missed it then I apologize but I really need help.
I've got a 95 with the M42. I've had a strange rattle underneath the car that I was hoping was just a heat shield. When I crawled around underneath there this weekend I didn't even see a heatshield covering the cat so I'm pretty sure thats not it. When I grabbed the pipe I burned my hand. So I let it cool down and then grabbed it again and shook it I was able to determine that the rattle was definitely coming from the cat.
I've seen several discussions on here about OBD II cats but not much for the OBD I. I've got until then end of this month before I have to pass my GA emissions and I'm poor so I need to try to find cheap solutions quickly. I've been told my a reputable local BMW shop that I should just get an aftermarket cat and have an exhaust shop weld it on but I wanted to see if anyone had any specific recommendations for an aftermarket OBD I cat. Thanks for the help everyone!
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote