View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 11:08 AM   #8
Earl

Vehicles

More info on the DASC if anyone is interested.

The kit is currently set up for an m44. I bought it to purchase the necessary parts from Downing to make it fit an m42 and put it on my "restoration" car. I currently have an email in to Downing to see what exactly am I missing to complete the m44 kit. They have a fairly good portion of service parts left and I have been told that they do have everything still available to make the kit complete for either engine. From what I can tell, the main missing pieces are the specific throttle cable, intake boots, and the hardware for the bracketry and pulleys. The supercharger is also missing its inlet and outlet gaskets but I assume they are specific to the Eaton supercharger and not a special part from Downing. I have asked them about that as well in my email. I would really enjoy to add another rare part to my "restoration" car but getting my money back out of the supercharger would be more beneficial for me at this point. If it does not sell, I will be completing the kit at that point and at least see how I like it before selling it complete.

Here is exactly what I have to offer (I haven't had a chance to clean up the manifold/supercharger since I picked it up):

Most of the brackets and pulleys are brand new and had been ordered from Downing by the PO. I don't know the mileage on the supercharger but it appears to be fairly clean internally and rotates smoothly without any hard spots. I do plan on cleaning everything up and had also planned to paint the manifold and supercharger to make it like new. I was going to do a medium silver and paint in the letters black. I can leave it raw and just cleaned up if a purchaser would prefer.

At this point I would just like to get my money back out of it. I am asking $2400 shipped to get close to that. If Downing answers my email before any interest, I will complete the kit but the price will be adjusted to reflect that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurohb View Post
Im Jelly.. enough said.

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii
Earl is offline   Reply With Quote