View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 04:17 AM   #7
Strawman

I paid $15 extra for US Postal Service Express Mail to return my rebuilt injectors, and had them sent to my office since there's employees there 7 days a week. I got a notice yesterday (Saturday) from the online USPS tracking page that they tried to deliver the box but there was nobody there. Guess the mailman didn't see the sign that clearly says "Ring Bell on Weekends". Arrggghhh, I don't believe FedEx would've made that mistake! Looks like I'll need to install the injectors tomorrow (Monday) night...

Today I finished swapping over the ignition and door lock cylinders from the 328i into my 318ti. Only broke one door handle mounting clip on the passenger door, and I'm hopeful Coast BMW has this less-than-a-buck clip in stock.

I also bought a pair of new rubber outer door handle gaskets on eBay on Friday, not realizing they'll be shipped from Malaysia. They're supposed to be here in two weeks. I shoulda just bought two new outer door handle covers from Coast BMW that come with new gaskets; $14 each isn't too bad... especially when I paid $12 for just the gaskets and shipping.

The only other AHA Moment is that the upper radiator hose rubs against the stock M52 airbox at the radiator hose's 90* bend, even after trimming 0.5" off the radiator end. Unless someone here has a simple solution, it looks like I'll need to go with a Cold Air Intake system and delete the stock airbox. Anyone else run into this?

Below is a picture of the engine awaiting the rebuilt injectors. Cheers to vroom-vroom tomorrow night!

Geoff
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	DSC03342.JPG Views:	713 Size:	198.3 KB ID:	14218  
Strawman is offline   Reply With Quote