View Single Post
Old 12-11-2020, 06:43 PM   #11
apexspeedtech

Default ...and the supercharge rant.

So onto forced inductions. One of the variables in play here is my time: I can't commit more than 4-6 hours a week to play with cars. I still have things to do on my Suzuki SX4 overland build which I'm daily driving right now.

I want to DRIVE my car, if I do a swap its gonna be months.

Hyde got back to me, and I can use an SC14 supercharger with his kit, using the boost bypass valve I can limit it to 5psi, 12psi with the boost bypass valve closed, and up to 20psi with a different pulley. This gives me plenty of room to grow, the install could be done in a weekend, I could do an air/air intercooler and use all new components.

Current state of thinking:

1. I would LOVE to have this CARB compliant. IF there was any way in hell to get a CARB sticker with a DASC, I'd write a check today. That's choice #1.

2. Hyde still hasn't been clear if there are M44's happily running with their kits out there. He speaks about several builds in progress, but I want to know I'm not getting a science experiment. We know a DASC will bolt on and do the job. But the fact that they're communicating with me is a huge plus, makes me want to work with them.

3. I'd like some clarity on DASC's (and GKD's, no response from them) custom manifolds versus Hyde's use of the stock one. Would hate to go down the Hyde path only to learn the thing leaks from the stock IAC, between the top and bottom manifold, etc.

4. All the DASC's I'm finding would cost the same as the Hyde, and are missing enough pieces to potentially be a science experiment. So if I have confidence that Hyde has running kits that work well with the stock manifold, then I'd go Hyde over a piece-it-together DASC with no CARB sticker.

This is fun.

-Neel
apexspeedtech is offline   Reply With Quote