View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 03:51 AM   #7
mohaughn

I like to apply some logic to my upgrades. So when I look at something like this, I have to ask, what are you trying to fix?

Do you have such excessive driveline shock that you are tearing a stock rubber guibo?

A stiffer guibo is not going to make the car handle better, and my stock guibo/drive shaft is pretty well balanced such that I can't feel any slop or play in it.

My general take is that poly is good for certain conditions, and certain uses. A daily driver does not need polyurethane bushings, so not sure why a street driven car would need a solid guibo.

This, to me, just seems like something to upgrade just to say you have it upgraded. I could understand if you are putting down 500hp and shredding a stock guibo, but most of us are not in that condition. I don't see it killing anything else, or harming anything in your car, although the extra vibrations and harmonics may cause a little extra wear and tear. Most people that really need stiffer bushings understand that they need to be replaced more often that regular bushings.

For me, I removed the driveshaft dampening ring, so I like that the guibo is a little softer and can take some extra driveline shock and abuse that the rest of my "system" can no longer withstand. My guibo has 150k miles on it, with over 5 years of track abuse.. I'm probably on borrowed time, but these little motors don't really abuse the driveline bushings that much.
mohaughn is offline   Reply With Quote