View Single Post
Old 10-09-2015, 01:19 PM   #8
salguod

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoner View Post
I'm gonna get crazy nitpicky here and admonish everyone that it is actually 'Giubo' (pronounced: 'Jew-boh'), and named so after its inventor: GIUnti BOschi.

When you rev the engine while stopped, does it rev smoothly through the RPM range?
I thought that was the spelling, but managed to spell it wrong each time.

Idle is as you described, although it doesn't quite rise to 1,000 RPM when moving more like 900. It revs just fine, although I haven't rev'ed it to redline in neutral.

A couple of other notes:

First, there's a clack clack sound up front when turning the steering wheel when stopped or at very low speeds like in a parking lot. I assume this is bad strut bearings and not likely related to the surging.

Second, there is an occasional quiet, dull thud from the rear after I stop. Sometimes immediately after stop, sometimes delayed, sometimes not at all.

Considering the mileage, what I have into it (about $700 so far) and how well it drives aside from this, I'm starting to consider doing the engine & trans mounts, the giubo, the center bearing and the u-joints. They are all original (I got most of the records from new and work with the PO who had it 14 years) and likely very worn anyway. Even if that's $500 in parts, I'll still only have $1,200 into it.

At any rate, I'm not deciding anything until I get under it and look around this weekend.
salguod is offline   Reply With Quote