View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 04:39 AM   #9
bmwallday

looking forward to the deinstallation pictures then! I have the pdf founded on here that gives instructions on how to take it off, but who doesn't love more pictures?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBMWs View Post
So, I was replacing the rear drivers speakers on the Cali this weekend and noticed the drain tube had flattened against the stereo amp. I mean flat. I know water would have backed up there. The drain hose was hard and ridged. I have other tops where the drains are a little more pliable. I will use an air gun, examine and drain test all four drain hoses when I get around to dropping in the replacement top.

I have the vert top treatment to apply and will dry lube all the guides and sliders. The motor I have to install has intact solid gears, so, I should be good there and now I have a new seal for the perimeter to hopefully address any leak areas. the other thing I wil do is put a set of hose clamps or at least some nylon tie wraps to ensure the drain hoses are snug and don't come off.

I plan to take deinstallation pics as well as installation to add to the DIY base for the tops.

Good luck!
bmwallday is offline   Reply With Quote