View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 05:30 AM   #6
jwinlaporte

Default Almost one year later...

I got an error message trying to answer a private message, so here's the question and response pasted below . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidertri
Hey,

Saw that you installed the valeo solid flywheel conversion about a year ago. Any issues with that kit? Daily driveability okay? Do you remember if the flywheel is lighter than the stock dual mass?

Dave
I did have trouble with pilot bearing...the one supplied was damaged and incorrect. Eventually got one at NAPA. Delayed installation by a couple days.

Yes, about one year on the new clutch. It is still smooth as butter. Absolutely no performance or daily driving complaints whatsoever.

Now, about the weight...the flywheel is still pretty hefty...after all, it's a solid single mass...this is why it feels so close to stock. I do think you'll end up saving 3-5 pounds under the stock set up.

Price...it's way cheaper to switch to Valeo kit than to buy a new dual mass flywheel and clutch assembly.

If you're trying to keep a daily driver on the road, then absolutely get that Valeo conversion kit. Cheaper than stock and performance is, I think, a wee bit better!
jwinlaporte is offline   Reply With Quote