View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 08:13 AM   #11
pdxmotorhead

I had a rig with a supposedly good title, when I sold it it turned out the title was actually invalid because it had been replaced by a PO on the rig, when his ex tried to take it.

I ended up paying the ex for the car, to get her to sign-off because I had sold the car to someone else and it came up when they tried to license it in Washington, (I'm in Oregon) and they did a full vin check and inspection. The A** I bought the car from had disappeared by then.

Then I bought a beater old truck, turned out the title was for the cab only and I could not get the vin inspected. Because the Frame title was still in another guys name. Luckily he was cool and just signed it over to me... He was pissed because the guy who he actually gave the other truck too swore he was just going to pick some parts off it and scrap the rest, so the kid had never changed the title, but put his good cab on the frame which had been wrecked.

Then I sold a car for my Mother in law, the guy never changed the title and ran up 1300 dollars in parking fines and they issued a bench warrant for her. Did not make my life happy as you can imagine..... Finally found a cool guy at the state who helped me track the sob down....

So buy or sell we meet at the DMV ....

Dave (I'm not bitter honest!)
pdxmotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote