View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 02:49 AM   #3
dahamler

Removal:

Safely jack the vehicle up enough that you can slide underneath the car. Ideally you want enough room to roll over comfortably. Make sure that the jack stands that you use can safely support the vehicle!

I started by disconnecting the battery and removing the front bumper and headlight support. I did this because I wanted to remove the engine, transmission and shifter parts as one unit.

I bagged and tagged all the parts for each component removed. I also took pics of the positions of the stock components to help me with the installation of the new engine (power steering lines etc.)

Once the front clip was removed I began to disconnect all of the wiring and electrical connectors. It is much easier to just leave the harness connected to the engine and disconnect everything from the chassis. I removed the throttle cable and the gas cap to relieve some of the fuel pressure. I also removed all of the A/C components and will post them in the for sale section later. Draining the engine oil and transmission fluid was next on the list. I also drained the radiator (I was lucky to have that spill tray) and loosened the power steering line to drain the system.

Last edited by dahamler; 08-01-2011 at 01:00 PM.
dahamler is offline   Reply With Quote