View Single Post
Old 05-17-2005, 06:29 PM   #4
MEDIA PUSHER"

sorry that was kind of dick, let me elaborate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ20
honda= cheaper, more aftermarket support, honduh challenge! saves gas!!
bmw= dont know much about em, aftermarket for 318ti? ...RWD!!
2500 is a good price for any running car, especially a bmw, the money that you'll be saving buying a civic is pretty negligable at this point. Parts, yes, good bmw parts are going to be a little more expensive than honda parts, some of this is attributed to the market saturation, more due to the precision of tolerances that bmws are tuned to. Saving on gas, the ti will get 25-30+ mpg. My girlfriend drives a civic, I spend maybe a few more dollars a month than she does. In comparing the two, the civic is faster off the line because its much lighter, the bmw will take it on the highway. We are constantly racing around town, cat and mousing. There is tons of aftermarket... stuff... out there for the civic, it was produced as a light weight, highly effecient and affordable economy car, the ti, was an attempt by bmw to steal away some of the youth market with an affordable compact. $20K base price, despite peoples slandering of the car as being offered as buying the bmw name, this car is built to the same autobaun rigors as all bmws, and its unpopularity was only popular in america. Hands down this car is sleeker, safer, and much more fun to drive than any comparable fwd asian car. You'll look better, feel better, and actually get excited getting into it every morning. I personally have found that all my conceptions of these cars i had before owning one were completely false, Theyre not outrageously costly, don't break down constantly, not only the rich can afford them, and they are not all that difficult to maintain, this forum alone can answer any question you could have and walk you through any upgrade, from the most mundane fluid swap to turbos and engines. I've never let a friend drive my car without after a few minutes hearing them say they want to trade theirs in for one. And lastly as far as aftermarket, the only answer you'll get to any question about performance upgrade for this car is how much do you want to spend? Getting alot of power out of this car will cost, but you'll get exactly what you pay for, and more than you might expect. You will never want to part with this car like so many clear tail half assed project civics flooding the classifieds. treat yourself to something special, you deserve it.