View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 05:28 PM   #10
JP422

Trusted-1... thanks for the info!

You got a killer deal on your FW. Anyway, the problem "might" be that I was sent a '95 M3 pressure plate. I don't quite know the difference yet, but putting all the information I've got together in the last few days, using a '96-99 M3 pressure plate might be the key.

As for the FW bolts, yea, you can reuse them if they are fine. If they've been torqued down 4-5 times, I'd probably look into new ones, but no biggie for now... and yes, definitely use loctite!

Hmm, I still have to re-measure the length oem FW bolts, but looking back at some pics I took of the FW's, I think the oem bolts might be longer for the DMF. The Fidanza FW is machined out in the center and can allow the sprung hub to fit in there... it's just a matter of hub to FW bolt clearance. And yes, the Fidanza FW came w/ new bolts... but strangely, no washers or "plate". The bolts just bolt straight onto the aluminum FW. All my past FW's had some sort of washer or plate to protect the aluminum. I guess this would also make the clearance issue worse though.

I also have to replace my M3 slave... Something seems wrong with... but anyway, is it possible to hyper extend the slave and push the TOB bracket too much? Sometimes, I think about the frequency of the "hitting" sound, and I sometimes doubt the flywheel bolts would sound like that (since they are so close together). Is it possible for the TOB bracket to hit the rivets on the pressure plate? That kind of spacing seems to fit the sound I'm hearing.

Last edited by JP422; 09-10-2010 at 05:31 PM.
JP422 is offline   Reply With Quote