View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 06:52 PM   #12
JP422

Well, I was able to solve my clutch setup issues... and currently it is perfect. Just the right pedal pressure, not chatter, no noise, good grab, etc.

The issue I had w/ something hitting was the shop sent me a '95 PP, but I needed a '96 PP. The difference is in the pressure plate's fingers. The '96-99 have raised fingers. Basically, my release fork was going too far in and hitting the PP's outer housing. The shop immediately sent me the proper PP and everything was perfect since then.

As for the M5 disk, it's a good option because it is a sprung hub, and it can only fit backward when using a M3 PP. The aftermarket FW's are machined out to accept this. If I were to use the M5 disk AND PP, then I could install the disk in any direction, it wont matter... but like mentioned above, the M5 PP is in fact heavier. Anyway, I have none of the chattering or noise you described, at idle, etc. I do hear a very subtle clacking noise when I am disengaging the clutch at slow speeds when moving... like when I slow down to crawl over a speed bump... but if I release the clutch even slower, then there's no sounds. Overall, it's very acceptable.
JP422 is offline   Reply With Quote