View Single Post
Old 01-30-2015, 09:13 PM   #5
Charlie D.

Vehicles

Guys, I appreciate the replies and words of encouragement. BlackBMWs, I know your advice concerning the plastic parts is wise preventive maintenance. I saw the DIY write-up and pictures concerning those parts and I don’t think I want to tackle that right now. It looks pretty involved and I think I will hold out for nicer weather. In the meantime I think I’ll carry a gallon of mixed antifreeze in the back of the car in case it or another part starts leaking.

I think the Spoiler must be from the factory. Someone on this forum did run the build sheet for the car based on the last 7 of the VIN number. It says it has M Sports suspension but I did not see a specific line item concerning the spoiler.

Since my initial post I have almost finished the brake job. I have to take the rear tires back off so the emergency brakes can be adjusted. When it is set, the right rear can still be turned. I want both rear wheels to be locked up when the emergency brake is set. A local alternator repair shop had to send off for an alternator for me. They said it is almost impossible for small shops to get the repair parts for the Valeo alternator. The most important thing is that it is quite when the pulley is spun.

I think I am going to be forced to buy a metric nut and bolt kit. I left the nuts on the alternator when I took it to the shop. They had to send it back as a core for the alternator they ordered for me. BlackBMWs also recently ID’d a siren for the alarm system that was just lying on the inside of the front bumper. I put it back up in the bracket but had to use an SAE bolt to keep it there. It did not fit perfect so I just tightened it until it did not want to turn freely no more. So I need a bolt to fix it right.

Jca, my favorite Tulsa song is Gene Pitney’s “24 Hours from Tulsa”. It is pretty cool to get your kicks on route 66 which is 11th street going through Tulsa. And I guess even pretty cool to do it when you are 66.

Charlie D.
Charlie D. is offline   Reply With Quote