View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 07:06 PM   #12
robcarync

lol ^^^

So while attempting to replace a number of parts (thermostat, water pump, plastic coolant lines that broke) my water pump is giving me a lot of trouble.

Bentley says to thread two 6mm bolts into the threaded holes and the bolts will push the pump out evenly. Sadly enough, the flange of the water pump with the threaded holes was so brittle it snapped off on each side....under very little torque. not to mention a bolt head sheared off and now I have half a bolt stuck in my engine block.

So...does anyone have any clue how to remove a water pump without using the threaded hole method? If i can get the water pump out, there will be enough of the bolt sticking out that I should be able to get vice grips to get the broken bolt out...
Pioneer Speakers [] Aluminum Billet door locks [] ACS Pedals/Deadrest [] ACS Shift Knob / E-Brake Handle [] Clear Corners/Tails/Sides [] Sylvania Exterior Lighting [] Custom CAI [] Dinan Engine Chip [] Dinan Transmission Chip [] H&R Race Springs [] Tokico Illumina Shocks [] BMW X-Brace [] Relocated Lighter Mod [] Custom iPod Mod
http://www.cardomain.com/id/robcarync
robcarync is offline   Reply With Quote