View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 12:31 AM   #17
roadrash
That's not Millpoint Blue

Vehicles

Just replaced the door handle seals today... super easy. A few thoughts that might be helpful:
  • The video in this thread shows what you need to do. The trick is getting to the sliding part. Luckily for us, there's a plastic plug in our doors that allows easy access to this part. Note that this plastic plug is in two parts. the outer part stays in the door and protects you from the sharp metal edge. The inner plug is the part that comes out. Once you look at it with this knowledge, you'll see what to do.
  • I read somewhere that a paint can opener (bottle cap opener loop on one end and a little hook on the other) would be a good tool for this. I didn't have one of those, but something like that would work really well. Basically anything with a short hook on the end so you can pull the sliding lever back into the closed/locked position.
  • The seals are not interchangeable. They're very close, but not exactly the same. I think there is a very small "R" and "L" on them, but if you don't see them, don't panic. Just try one seal and if it doesn't fit perfectly, try the other one.

Mods 'n' stuff: Star Spoke 43 wheels - X-Brace - Mason Engineering front strut brace - CF gauge overlay - ZHP shifter knob - Racing Dynamics cat-back - Doubled brake lights - M-tech rear spoiler
From Page 68 of the 1997 Owners Manual: "Vehicles equipped with ASC+T remain subject to the laws of physics."
roadrash is offline   Reply With Quote