View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013, 05:24 AM   #13
Artem

Vehicles

Hello again guys,

so that disconnecting thing must have done the trick, because right after disconnecting and leaving it alone for a while, when I reconnected the battery it started running like crap. I cleaned that MAF and replaced the intake boot with a silicone unit that I cut up out of a long right angle piece to try and see if that helped, and it didnt, not much of an improvement. The ICV lines arent blocked or kinked and it was idling pretty much perfectly right when i parked it before disconnecting the battery. The only possible thing I can think of is the damn PCV that I still havent replaced - Im using a 'replica' of a DASC adapter and a stock pancake CCV, which may be leaking.

For now what happens is every time I come off the throttle it just runs the revs up and down from what it feels like its about to stall out to 1000+ RPM and back down in an oscillatory fashion.

What Im suspecting is a vacuum leak between the MAF and the engine, Im not sure if it would be after the throttle body or before it, although I did just replace a boot in there, so...

Anyway, would be interesting to see if anyone ever experienced a similar issue.

I'll try to come up with some sort of a crank case system in the meantime. What is this catch that everyone speaks of when putting another valve in there? or does it even need a one way valve if theres a catch can?
Artem is offline   Reply With Quote