View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 03:18 AM   #1
lem0n

Default M44 Superchips Performance DME

I purchased a DME from this post here, and installed it in my 318ti. Unfortunately for me, the DME came out of '98 car that had secondary air system, and my car does not. As a result, CEL is on as the car is trying to activate the secondary air system components during the cold start and (obviously) failing.
This is a shame, because the power this thing makes is absolutely amazing, compared to stock DME. I test drove the car with Superchips DME and power delivery and overall throttle response is GREATLY improved, car pulls in any gear at any RPM without any flat spots. I really wish I could keep it, but that would mean I'd need to swap DMEs every time I need to pass state inspections, and drive with CEL throughout the year.
I am asking the same price I paid for it, $200 shipped, FIRM. It is worth every penny, believe me. I think Superchips is charging $700 or so for this tune, and rightfully so. If it doesn't sell, I'll just keep it, DME alone is worth the asking price.
You will need to have your EWS realigned with this new DME, any dealer or competent independent shop can do it. Again, this will work on any M44 after '96 that has secondary air system, including 318i and Z3.
Thanks!
lem0n is offline   Reply With Quote