View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 10:08 PM   #11

How interesting...bringing an older thread back to life....

I just had the fuel gauge/temp gauge swing issue happen to me when I shut the car off to load some groceries in the back. The car had been running fine with half a tank and was running fine, not overheating a few minutes earlier.

So I pulled over to take a look under the hood to see if anything was obviously amiss. Nothing visible, so got back in to restart it and see if it the gauges were still wacky. It wouldn't crank over. I took a peek in the fuse box, and found fuse 46 burned out. So I grabbed a quick replacement from the Fog Light fuse #15, also 15a. The car started back up again, but the gauge swings were still there. I decided to head home and see how it did. Made it fine, but every time I hit the brakes, the temp guage would go back towards the cold side.

I'll head out to fool around with it more later, check the brake light fuse, etc., but I'm wondering if this is a fuel gauge issue or if someone else here has found that it entails more than just replacing Fuse 46 or cleaning contacts in the instrument cluster?

Thanks,

vince
318318 is offline   Reply With Quote