View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 02:14 AM   #1
Artem

Vehicles
Default NORCAL - 2001 325I sport package 5-speed for sale, rare interior

I begrudgingly have to sell my car, this is a 1998 318TI California edition with an M-sport package, 5-speed transmission and 128ish thousand miles.

I bought the car with a ton of issues 3 years ago with 78k miles on it and slowly rebuilt/replaced almost everything that can be replaced. Unfortunately for me, my boss pretty much gave me his old E36 M3, which has a pretty tight suspension, so I may have to keep it, and for the right price I will let go of my "baby"

The car has the following options:
M-sport package
Alarm w. 2 FOBs
Full OBC (which is surprisingly great)
California roof option (the motor's gear is worn out, but the roof was rebuilt and re-lubed by me personally, I spent a whole lot of money on spare parts and waited for them to come in from Germany)
Two-tone cloth/leather interior manual M-seats
Factory LSD (left two solid lines when i played with old tires in the parking lot)
Factory 16" 5-spoke wheels
I have CD changer interfaces that come with it, and a CD changer or two - you can have them along with plenty of spare parts.

The following is a list of "upgrades" and recent maintenance issues:
Radiator, waterpump with a metal impeller and hoses (~85k miles)
Engine oil filter housing seals (~85k miles)
Clutch ~91k miles
ZHP weighted 5-speed shifter knob
California roof sliders, clips, etc etc.. - all but the roof motor
Repaired door cards/ reglued and replaced all clips
New OEM Sport package Sachs shocks all around ~110k miles
New OEM M3 offset bushings ~110k miles
New Lemfoerder control arms ~110k miles
New DEPO headlights, wired OEM style with high beam back lights in the US marker system (I can make it 100% euro, or 100% US spec if need be, but
looks really cool as-is)
New BMW tie-rods (paid a premium for that, didnt want to do it myself)
New coolant, brake fluid, and power steering fluid with a power steering reservoir
Larger brakes - E36/ 318TI late 98 brake rotors in the front and OEM 318TI rotors in the back with AKEBONO EURO pads - all around these things are great, they dont dust up at all.
Brand new tires less than 2000 miles ago, continental DWS's - they are the best all season tire I have ever had on any car in my experience, and they lasted 50k miles on the car already.

I was playing around with the audio system in the car as well, but I can put OEM amplifier in it with stock speakers, as I didnt cut anything - I created an adapter to plug into OEM harness using the stock connectors.

This was a car I owned the longest and I really hate to sell it, but I have to. I also have an E46 325i with a sport package and manual red leather interior that I have to sell for my girlfriend, its too bad living in San Francisco and not needing cars/or having space to work on them or even park them...

I'll start the price at ambitious $8k and will be open to offers, I am in not a huge rush to sell it, but I cant drag my feet for too long.

Cheers,
Artem

Last edited by Artem; 07-06-2012 at 02:53 AM.
Artem is offline   Reply With Quote