View Single Post
Old 04-13-2017, 03:58 PM   #5
Newbomb Turk

I pulled the plug wires and checked, not a lot of water in that area, but some. I used air compressor and blew out any water and debris. Blew out the wire ends and used a paper towel and reassembled. Wires looked like new. Didn't pull a plug. Checked the ICV, it looked original and in bad shape. I took it apart as the youtube video showed. I just replaced it, it was rusty and nasty. While looking around I found the vacuum hoses where in bad shape. I pulled the upper intake loose and replaced PCV and hose, replaced intake boot and hose from boot to the vacuum manifold. Replaced the air filter and cleaned the throttle body. Found a broken vacuum nipple on the EVAP canister thats mounted to the drivers side strut tower, the one that has the blue tube connected to it. It was repaired before. I'm in the process of letting the repair cure. I have new spark plugs coming for it, NGK BKR6EQUP. The original problem was the temp gauge got hot, so we had the water pump replaced, it had no impeller left. When we got it home from repair, it started to heat up. I was thinking maybe some loose plastic from the impeller. I decided to pressure wash it before I flushed the cooling system and replaced the thermostat and housing. I haven't started it as of yet, kinda keeping my fingers crossed. I'll start it after I get the new plugs in it. I'll check codes after running it. PS: I've leaned a lot in the last week about the M44 engine.

Last edited by Newbomb Turk; 04-13-2017 at 04:01 PM.
Newbomb Turk is offline   Reply With Quote